Create powerful documentation for your products and services right in WordPress with features like Live Search, Breadcrumbs, User Feedback, Styling with Customizer, etc.
Whether you are building a small or large Knowledge Base, SmartDocs will help you manage docs easily and help your customers find answers quickly, even in the in-depth documentation of your products and services.
SmartDocs keeps everything simple and minimal. You can get started with it in a few clicks without feeling lost and overwhelmed.
Create Powerful Knowledge Base to EXCEL Customer Support
With SmartDocs, you can easily create and organize content in an attractive and structured way. This will make it easier for your customers to find the piece of information they are looking for.
Reduce Support Workload
There is no doubt that well-maintained Documentation can reduce the support team’s workload tremendously, and with SmartDocs, you can achieve that in 5 simple steps:
- Install Plugin
- Add Docs and Assign Categories to them
- Setup basic style from the customizer
- Tweak settings a bit to your taste and
- Visit Docs Homepage
You are done with a flawlessly working Docs page!
Let your customers find the answers to their questions quickly without interacting with the support representatives for known issues or queries. It’s a win-win! 🏆
Top Features 🤘
1️⃣ FLAWLESS NAVIGATION
With SmartDocs built-in templates, you can quickly set up Documentation and organize them using categories for users to start navigating them easily.
2️⃣ POWERFUL SEARCH OPTION
SmartDocs comes with a powerful search that will allow customers to navigate the doc based on the entered keywords. The search also supports other post types like posts and pages to show up in the search results. All easily adjustable via settings in one click.
3️⃣ BUILT-IN-STYLING & CUSTOMIZATION OPTIONS
We understand the hassle of going through CSS and the painstaking time it takes to build beautiful designs. Hence, we have build styling controls right in the Native Customizer.
With our built-in customizer controls, you can set colors, background colors, font-sizes, etc., for built-in templates right from the customizer. Not to mention with Live Preview.
4️⃣ GET QUICK FEEDBACK
Getting feedback from the customers is an essential part of the Documentation. SmartDocs provides built-in functionality for customers to rate docs as helpful or not helpful. This not only allows them to provide quality feedback but also helps you to understand if the content is serving the purpose or not.
5️⃣ CUSTOM BREAKPOINTS
Good Documentation should be accessible from every device, and SmartDocs understand it undoubtedly.
It is fully responsive and works perfectly on mobile, tablet, and desktop screens. You can even set custom breakpoints for your Documentation in the customizer settings if required.
6️⃣ DEVELOPER FRIENDLY
Do you like to fiddle with the code?
We definitely do 😉 While managing Documentation for our existing plugins, we know how frustrating it can be for developers to change or modify simple things in code. Hence, we have researched and analyzed the plugins’ code design from a developer’s perspective to keep the code developer-friendly.
Rewrite, Modify, or Customize; whatever you want to do, you’ll find a way in SmartDocs to do it.
PRODUCT BY IDEABOX 💛
SmartDocs is developed and brought to you by IdeaBox Creations, the company behind many great WordPress plugins. Our motivated and customer friendly team is trusted by more than 200,000 customers worldwide.
We will love to see you build great Documentations & Knowledge bases with the SmartDocs plugin, and if there are any hiccups, we will be right here to help 👨🔧
DOCUMENTATION AND SUPPORT
- For Documentation and support, check out our Documentation
- If you have any questions, visit our plugin’s support forum
- For more information, visit our website at SmartDocs
LIKE SmartDocs? ❤
We bet you do! Your appreciation is always motivating for our team.
- Join our Facebook Group.
- Don’t forget to Rate us on WordPress and show your love.
- Check out our website.
If you liked SmartDocs, consider checking out our other WordPress plugins:
PowerPack Addon for Elementor: A powerful add-on for Elementor with more than 70 widgets and 150+ professionally designed templates.
PowerPack Addon for Beaver Builder: A library of 65+ creative modules and 350+ beautifully designed templates.
WPfomify: A Social Proofing tool helps in the website’s conversion by displaying recent sales and signup notifications.
DiviMonk: A professionally designed templates library for Divi website builder with more than 250 templates.
- PHP 7.3 or greater is recommended
- MySQL 5.6 or greater is recommended
Automatic installation is the easiest option — WordPress will handles the file transfer, and you won’t need to leave your web browser. To do an automatic install of SmartDocs, log in to your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the Plugins menu, and click “Add New.”
In the search field type “Smart Docs” then click “Search Plugins”. Once you’ve found us, you can view details about it such as the point release, rating, and description. Most importantly of course, you can install it by! Click “Install Now,” and WordPress will take it from there.
Manual installation method requires downloading the SmartDocs plugin and uploading it to your web server via your favorite FTP application. The WordPress codex contains instructions on how to do this here.
Automatic updates should work smoothly, but we still recommend you back up your site.
If you encounter issues with the docs/category pages after an update, flush the permalinks by going to WordPress > Settings > Permalinks and hitting “Save”. That should return things to normal.
Does SmartDocs work with any theme?
Yes, the SmartDocs works with any standard WordPress theme.
Do I need coding skills to use SmartDocs?
Absolutely not! SmartDocs is as easy to use, as you can think of.
Where can I report bugs or contribute to the project?
To report bugs or to contribute, headover to the GitHub repository
Contributors & Developers
“Smart Docs” is oopbron sagteware. Die volgende mense het bygedra tot die ontwikkeling van hierdie uitbreiding:Contributors
1.1.0 – March 21, 2022
- New: Introducing drag and drop category ordering feature
- Enhancement: Added new sorting option in Customizer for docs archive – Menu Order
- Enhancement: Added option in the Customizer to show child categories in category grid on archive
- Enhancement: Updated search logic to display result through REST API instead of AJAX query
- Enhancement: Category widget will display categories in menu order
- Enhancement: Added a max height to search result container
- Enhancement: Minor CSS improvements
- Fix: Articles alignment issue on docs archive
- Fix: Paragraph output issue on single doc page
- Fix: oEmbed issue in the docs content
- Development: Added filter hook smartdocs_list_docs_query_args
- Development: Added filter hook smartdocs_related_posts_query_args
- Development: Added filter hook smartdocs_tax_render_articles
1.0.2 – July 21, 2021
- Development: Added filter hook smartdocs_get_template
- Development: Added filter hook smartdocs_get_template_part
1.0.1 – March 18, 2021
- Enhancement: Added container width option under Customizer > Smart Docs > Layout
- Enhancement: Added sidebar display option under Customizer > Smart Docs > Layout
- Enhancement: Added default placeholder image as category featured image
- Enhancement: Added an option to enable/disable the category thumbnail on frontend under Customizer > Smart Docs > Docs Archive
- Fix: PHP warning when a post is not assigned to any category
- Fix: Removed site’s header and footer from getting outputted in print media
- Fix: Minor CSS issues
- Development: Added hook smartdocs_search_before_query
- Development: Added hook smartdocs_search_after_query
- Development: Added filter smartdocs_search_query_args
1.0.0 – February 9, 2021
- Initial version