Widget Options lets you add more options to widget settings so you can take full control of your website’s widgets. With over 1,060,000+ downloads and an average rating of 4.9 stars, there is no doubt that Widget Options is the perfect solution for you to manage your widgets better and easier.
Widget Options expands widget settings by adding elegant and feature-packed options to every widget so you can completely manage and control its visibility and appearance. It allows you to fine tune your sidebar widget visibility depending on user roles, devices, dates, and more!
Built with seamless integration with WordPress, Widget Options is yet the world’s most complete widget management plugin.
MORE OPTIONS IN THE WIDGET SETTINGS MEANS MORE CONTROL
With the expanded widget settings that Widget Options bring, you can do all of the following with ease.
SHOW OR HIDE WIDGETS ON SPECIFIC WORDPRESS PAGES
With the Widget Options plugin, you can easily control every widget’s visibility or restrictions on different pages, posts, custom post types, categories, tags, and custom taxonomies.
SHOW OR HIDE WIDGETS ON MOBILE DEVICES, DESKTOP AND/OR TABLET
Display fewer widgets on your mobile devices for easier website navigation without affecting your desktop and tablet versions. This is one of the features of Widget Options that proves it to be a flexible widget area manager. The device visibility section in the widget settings show which sidebar widgets are active or visible in each device type.
CUSTOM WORDPRESS WIDGET ALIGNMENTS
Change your widget alignment to match the entire look of your website. Comes with center, left, right, and justified alignment options.
CUSTOM WIDGET ID & CLASSES
DISPLAY WIDGET LOGIC
Use WordPress Conditional tags to manage and restrict your widgets using display widget logic option if you’re geeky enough to use PHP conditions and in need of custom restrictions.
HIDE WIDGET TITLE
Easily hide widget titles from the front-end display while retaining them on the backend dashboard for labeling.
ENABLE / DISABLE OPTIONS
Use only the features you want and disable any other widget options easily using the brand new settings page.
USER LOGIN STATE
Decide which widgets have to be visible or invisible to either logged-in or non-logged-in users. This feature is helpful when you want certain website functions to be available only to registered users.
STICKY/FIXED WORDPRESS WIDGETS (Premium)
This premium feature allows widgets to be always visible to users as they scroll up and down a webpage. Make your most important widgets sticky or fixed so that users can access them easily.
WIDGET OPTIONS’ TIME-SAVING FEATURES
Widget plugins shouldn’t only give you control over your widgets. They must also save you a lot of time! Here are Widget Options’ features that can do that.
LIVE WIDGET SEARCH FILTER
Admins save time and manage widgets more efficiently by enabling the live widget search box on your widget dashboard to locate widgets easier. No need to scroll the page.
NO NEED TO DRAG WORDPRESS WIDGETS TO MOVE THEM
Increase productivity and improve widgets management by moving any widgets easily with just a click-and-select action. No more drag-and-drop! This is a convenient option especially when using small-screen devices such as tablets or mobile phones.
IMPORT & EXPORT WIDGETS AND WIDGET AREA BACKUP
You can now import and export WordPress widgets easily and create backups of specific sidebar widget areas. Move widgets to another website with ease.
VIEW YOUR CHANGES LIVE
This plugin is customizer-ready for easier modification. View your changes live before saving it.
COMPATIBLE WITH THE MOST POPULAR PAGE BUILDERS
Not all widget plugins are designed to work with page builders. If your websites use SiteOrigin, Elementor, or Beaver, you can make the most of Widget Options. This is another reason why we call it the most flexible widget area manager!
PAGE BUILDER BY SITEORIGIN PLUGIN COMPATIBLE
With Widget Options on your website that is powered by SiteOrigin Page Builder, you can add more control to the widget panels. Manage visibility on specific device types, change alignments, hide widget panel title, add custom classes, and control visibility using display widget logic option!
Page Builder by SiteOrigin Plugin + Widget Options = Total Freedom!
ELEMENTOR PAGE BUILDER READY
Extend Widget Options’ visibility restrictions on elementor widgets! You can now have the same widget management features available to your Elementor-powered websites.
BEAVER BUILDER PLUGIN READY
Widget Options now comes with Beaver Builder plugin integration – integrated for a smooth website building workflow. You can fully manage each module in many ways you want!
ADVANCED CUSTOM FIELDS (ACF) SUPPORT
Easily show or hide any widget using your ACF fields and conditions. You can create restrictions on your widgets with the following conditions:
- Equal To
- Not Equal To
- Does Not Contain
- Is Empty
- Is Not Empty
The ACF function is also available for Elementor and Beaver Builder.
UPGRADE TO WIDGET OPTIONS EXTENDED
Turn Widget Options into an even more flexible widget area manager. Upgrade to Widget Options Extended today!
- Custom WordPress Widget Styling
- Widget Animations on scroll and page load
- Sticky / Fixed WordPress Widgets
- Custom Widget Links
- Widget Cache
- Custom Widget Columns Display
- Restrict Widget Visibility per User Roles
- Widget Visibility per Days and Date Range
- Extended Taxonomy and Terms Support
- Display Sidebars and Widgets using Shortcodes
- Disable any WordPress Widgets
- Permission Options
- Target URLs and Wildcard Restrictions
- Option for child page to inherit parent widget visibilities
- Clone Widget
Check full Widget Options Extended features.
In need of a WordPress Sliding Panel for your widgets? Check out Sliding Widget Options add-on, and transform any of your widgets to modal pop-up, slide in and/or sliding widget panel; and increase your website’s user engagement!
We keep Widget Options up-to-date and make this flexible widget area manager even more, well, flexible! If you like to contribute, report issues or have suggestions, you can find the development version on Github.
Contact and Credits
Widget Options for WordPress is maintained and developed by Widget Options Team.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the full directory into your wp-content/plugins directory
- Activate the plugin at the plugin administration page
- Go to Settings > Widget Options and add predefined Classes if you need to
- When you drag or open any widgets you’ll see the Widget Options below
- I hope you’ll love this plugin 🙂
How do I begin working with this plugin?
After Widget Options plugin activation you’ll get welcome message with detailed video instructions to get started. Then go to Settings > Widget Options to enable/disable the features you want. Then go to Appearance > Widgets and start optimising your widgets!
How do I add set of predefined custom CSS classes for widgets?
Easy! Simply go to Settings > Widget Options and on Classes & ID module click Configure Settings then you can add your predefined CSS classes for your widgets.
What widgets are supported?
All of them! Yes, we haven’t come across any single non-working widgets yet.
How’s the speed and loading time compare to other plugins?
Widget Options is a featured pack fully lightweight plugin. Using Query Monitor plugin you’ll find that the plugin doesn’t load too much queries and doesn’t affect your website’s loading time. You can check more information how optimized Widget Options is here.
Contributors & Developers
“Widget Options – The #1 WordPress Widget Control Plugin” is oopbron sagteware. Die volgende mense het bygedra tot die ontwikkeling van hierdie uitbreiding:Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixed: Menu widgets showing on wrong pages
- Fixed: Compatibility with PHP8.1 and 8.2
- Fixed: Taxonomies selection
- Fixed: Devices hide/show logic
- Fixed: Variable handling
- Fixed: Taxonomies > Categories selection
- Fixed: post_id value for correct saving
- Updated: Ajax select2 directories
- Improved: Page visibility search (can now search empty taxonomies)
- Fixed: Pages Visibility select and unselect
- Updated: Removed the Widget Options CTA at the bottom of every widget container
- Fixed: Page Visibility taxonomies selection
- Improved: Compatibility PHP 8
- Improved: Compatibility with WP 6.2.2
- Improved: Widget Options settings UI
- Fixed: CSS conflict with SiteOrigin
- Updated: Page Visibility variable selection from dropdown to search
- Improved: Devices responsive breakpoints
- Added: Plugin description
- Updated: Title from Widget Options – Add Context To WordPress Widgets to Widget Options – The #1 WordPress Widget Control Plugin
- Fixed: PHP Notices connected to WPML variable
- Fixed: PHP Warning: Undefined variable
- Updated: Plugin redirection after activation
- Fixed: Array warnings & notices when Elementor page builder is activated
- Fixed: Display Issue with PolyLang
- Improved: Compatibility with WP 6.0
- Fixed: Display Issue with PeepSo Widgets
- Fixed: Display Issue with WPML added languages
- Fixed: PHP Notice: Undefined variable
- Fixed: PHP Warning: Undefined variable
- Fixed: Versioning issue
- Fixed: Missing plugin files
- Added: More option to upgrade to PRO version.
- Fixed: PHP Recoverable fatal error – when switching AMP mode
- Fixed: Versioning issue
- Fixed: jQuery UI styles
- Fixed: Visibility issue for WooCommerce taxonomies
- Fixed: CSS issue with other plugins
- Fixed: Missing icons on Elementor page builder
- Added: Option to revert Classic Widgets Screen
- Fixed: Admin notices
- Updated: Dependency security vulnerability
- Fixed: Multisite warning issues
- Fixed: Custom post type list in display condition
- Fixed: Deprecated jQuery functions
- Fixed: Logic option issue
- Fixed: Mobile restrictions issues
- Updated: Plugin descriptions
- Updated: Admin options page details
- Added: affiliate URL support via hooks
- Fixed: blank page issue in admin widget page
- Improved: Compatible with Latest WordPress.
- Updated: Readme and plugin info.
- Fixed: Import and export invalid file error
- Fixed: Several instances of widget lock up issue
- Fixed: issue with latest ACF version
- Fixed: PHP notices
- Added: Advanced Custom Fields ( ACF ) support
- Integrated: ACF conditions on Elementor and Beaver Builder integration too
- Added: User Logged-in State feature to easily restrict widget on loggedin or loggedout users
- Added: User Logged-in State to Elementor integration as well
- Added: Show rating notice on widget dashboard and Widget Options settings page only
- Added Beaver Builder Plugin Integration.
- Added: Widget Importer & Exporter Feature
- Added: Specific Widget Area Backup Downloader
- Added: Option to remove all widgets assigned on widget area
- Added: Target URLs and Wildcard Restrictions module upgrade on settings page
- Improved: Pages list and indent child pages
- Improved: Compatibility for the upcoming Beaver Builder integration
- Fixed: Issues with Elementor and OceanWP integration
- Added: Move WordPress Widgets Feature
- Added: Elementor Pagebuilder Support Beta Feature
- Added: Option to disable automatic addition of .widget class
- Fixed: Support for is_active_sidebar
- Updated: Subscription sidebar and add free e-book download
- Improved: Loading speed on admin widgets dashboard
- Improved: Use better Global pages items to prevent issues with site with lots of pages
- Fixed: Multisite Issue when Network Activated
- Added: ‘widget’ class to fix issue with Elegant Themes that using ‘et_widget’ as base class
- Added: Support for Sliding Widgets add-on
- Fixed: PHP 7.0 Global variables issue
- Added: Widget Live Search option on widgets.php admin dashboard
- Fixed: Categories not updating when new one added
- Added: Review/Rating admin notice from version 3.1
- Improved: Plugin Loading and Performance
- Fixed: issues reported on github
- Added: Pagebuilder by SiteOrigin Plugin Widgets Compatibility
- Fixed: JQuery UI css conflicts
- Improved: Plugin performance
- Fixed: Warning Message when Activated
- Fixed: DIVI jQuery UI styling issues
- Fixed: Warning messages after update last version plugin
- Improved: settings page and add modular options inspired by iThemes Security Plugin
- Added: User selection for features
- Added: Hide Widget Title option
- Revamped: Saving options
- Added: Widget Display Logic Options
- Improved: Tab UI for better navigation
- Added: Category Widgets Visibility Selection to associated posts
- Updated: Pro tabs with additional features added on Extended Widget Options 2.0
- Added: Widget CSS ID and Classes tab options. Learn more about this update
- Added: Blog Page Visibility for Widgets
- Improved: Transient time to 5 minutes
- Improved: Set Transient for queries to reduce loading time
- Initial Plugin release