Sometimes you want to put the base URL (that of the blog, or that of the active template) in your content editor. Times when the template customising isn’t quite flexible enough.
With this plugin you can use [url_base] to output the base URL of the blog (as set in your Settings). Or, you can use [url_template] to output the URL of the active template.
<img src="[url_base]/test.png /> in your editor might output
<img src="http://localhost/wordpress/test.png" /> (if http://localhost/wordpress is what you have configured as your blog URL in Settings).
The supported short codes are as follows:
* [url_base] – the configured blog URL (set in Settings). E.g. http://localhost/wordpress
* [url_template] – the URL of the active template. E.g. http://localhost/wordpress/wp-content/themes/mytheme1
This plugin uses the GPLv3 license.
There are 2 ways of installation. If your setup supports it, you can search for the plugin, by name, within your WordPress control panel and install it from there.
Alternatively, you download the .zip file, unzip it, and copy the resultant
url_short_codes folder to the
wp-content/plugins/ folder of your WordPress instaltion folder.
There are no FAQs at this time. Feel free to suggest some!
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“URL ShortCodes” is oopbron sagteware. Die volgende mense het bygedra tot die ontwikkeling van hierdie uitbreiding:Contributors
Translate “URL ShortCodes” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Version 1.2 – Confirmed suitability with WP 4.0.
- Version 1.1 – Added graphics, and confirmed suitability with WP 3.6x.
- Version 1.0 – Initial release.