If you have been on a lookout for a powerful WordPress translation plugin that would allow your audiences to access your site’s content in their preferred language, look no further: WP Translate is your best bet. This translation plugin uses the power of Google Translate to translate content into several different languages. Once you have successfully installed the WordPress Translation Plugin, your visitors will be able to access your website in different languages by simply selecting the preferred language option from the various options available.
There has never been a better time to be a blogger or website owner. Until a few years ago, bloggers and website owners faced an important dilemma: is it better to write in one’s native language or a language that allows one to increase their reading base? This dilemma has finally been solved. WP Translate places a Google Translate widget on your website. This widget gives users the option of accessing your website’s content in any language of their choice. By simply installing WP Translate, you will be able to make your blog or WordPress site multilingual.
Benefits of Using the WordPress Translation Plugin
WP Translate comes equipped with several handy features. Here are a few of them:
- This translation Plugin uses the power of Google automatic machine translation. Thus, the process of conversion is quick, and translations can be trusted for quality.
- This WordPress Translation Plugin supports Google Analytics Integration. Therefore, you will be able to get an in-depth idea of the visitors frequenting your blog or website.
- This plugin does not only translate your website or WordPress pages and posts, but it also effectively translates categories, tags, menus, and widgets.
- WP Translate also supports enhanced widget positioning.
WordPress Translation Plugin Also Supports Multiple Display Modes
One of the highlights of WP Translate is that it supports multiple display modes. Thus, with this plugin, you will be able to show language translation options in different display modes.
* Widget Demo
* Shortcode Demo
* Standard Google Translate Toolbar
WordPress has very recently also added the Gutenberg Block mode, which allows users to display language translation options on Gutenberg blocks. WP Translate Pro has Gutenberg block functionality.
Those Seeking Additional Features Should Upgrade to WP Translate Pro
If you are looking for additional features, you can always switch to the WP Translate Pro. The pro version allows users to add shortcodes to separate pages and posts using the Gutenberg-enabled block. Further, the Pro version automatically translates your content into your visitor’s language.
Using a WordPress Translation Plugin is one of the easiest and convenient ways to create a multilingual website or blog. So, install WP Translate today and create a much larger reader base.
Newly added – Gutenberg Block – Use the new WP Translate Gutenberg block on pages that do not display widgets (Pro Feature).
WordPress Auto Translate Plugin Features
- Free Google automatic machine translation
- Google Analytics integration
- Translates the site on the fly
- Posts and pages translation
- Categories and tags translation
- Menus and widgets translation
- Enhanced widget positioning – (Pro Version)
Premium Google Translate Plugin
Other WordPress Plugins
Additional WordPress Resources
- Upload the
wp-translatedirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
What is WP Translate?
WP Translate is a Google Language plugin for WordPress. Using the power of the Google Translate automatic language translation service, WP Translate gives your readers the ability to translate your website content into their own language.
Why do I need a translation plugin?
Our world is getting smaller and not having a multilingual site means you are getting left behind. Many content providers spend hundreds to thousands of dollars having content translated. WP Translate makes your content available to more than 99% of internet user by making your website multilingual.
When your site is available is multilingual, you become identified as a global brand. This attracts readers from the global market to your website or business.
What languages are supported?
Here is the list of languages offered by WP Translate:
Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cebuano, Chichewa, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Corsican, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Frisian, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hawaiian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong, Hungarian, Icelandic, Igbo, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Khmer, Korean, Kurdish (Kurmanji), Kyrgyz, Lao, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Luxembourgish, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Mongolian, Myanmar (Burmese), Nepali, Norwegian, Pashto, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Samoan, Scottish Gaelic, Serbian, Sesotho, Shona, Sindhi, Sinhala, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Sudanese, Swahili, Swedish, Tajik, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh, Xhosa, Yiddish, Yoruba, Zulu
Will I be able to see what languages users are selecting?
Yes. WP Translate is one of the few WordPress translation plugins that integrates with Google Analytics. Simply enter your site’s UA code into the field provided in the settings section of the plugin. Your site’s translation usage will be tracking in the ‘Events’ section of Google Analytics.
How do I add Google Translate to WordPress?
First, Download WP Translate from the WordPress plugin repository. Then, activate the plugin from your admin console. It’s as easy as that! You now have a Google Translate tool bar your readers can use to translate your blog’s content. WP Translate also has a widget that will give you a drop-down list of languages your readers can use to translatre your content.
Contributors & Developers
“WP Translate – WordPress Translation Plugin” is oopbron sagteware. Die volgende mense het bygedra tot die ontwikkeling van hierdie uitbreiding:Contributors
Interested in development?
- Optimized options and constants
- Added missing i18n translation code to admin content.
- Fixed options variable naming error.
- Extensive code optimizations
- Added missing options references
- Code clean up and performance optimizations
- Additional i18n text preparations.
- Loading of text domain into plugin.
- Preparing display text for i18n. Added Text Domain and Languages path.
- UI updates have been made to the plugin admin page to help improve usability.
- Additional style changes have been made to the admin UI to provide a cleaner interface.
- Broken image links on the settings section of the admin UI have been removed.
- Corrected typos in admin pages
- refinements to settings update code
- refinements to translation code
- removed RSS feed code
- Changed admin menu icon
- Cleaned up Settings UI
- Chnaged unsecure links from HTTP to secure HTTPS links.
- Admin panel style updates and clean-up
- Clean remove unused options
- Bug fixes
- Updated text in admin panel
- Added missing language translation options.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Fixed admin ajax javscript to only show on overview page
- Fixed bug in options setting code
- Code restructuring and optimizations
- Fixed toolbar display bug
- Updated links
- Fixed broken links in plugin info section
- settings changes converted to use AJAX
- removed RSS feed reader
- refined UI for better user experience
- fixed hard-coded image paths and file paths
- sanitize input fields to possible prevent XSS vulnerabilities
- Added German translation
- WordPress widget functionality has been added to the plugin. This gives you the option to display a drop-down list of translation languages for your visitors instead of the default Google Translate tool bar.
- Added setting to default Google Translate toolbar open or closed
- Added setting to include or exclude mobile browsers from seeing translate tool bar
- code refinements
- Verified WordPress 3.9.2 compatibility
- i18n preperation coding
- Minor bug fixes
- Minor code updates
- Code to escape html attributes added for security
- Added nonce for security
- Added Windows Phone to list of excluded mobile browsers
- Fixed bug preventing widget from showing
- Exclude from mobile browsers
- Prevent the translation bar from blocking the profile menu of the admin bar when logged in
- Code refinement and bug fixes
- Added Google Analytics Integration
- Tightened security to prevent cross-site scripting attacks
- Added ability to select default langauge
- First Release