Tuxquote shows a random image of Tux the Linux penguin with a random quote either as a widget or shortcode.
You can add or remove images from wp-content/plugins/tuxquote/images/ directory. All jpg, png and gif images will be randomly used from that directory.
Add or remove quotes from the wp-content/plugins/tuxquote/quotes.txt file. Quotes are line delimited and HTML formatting can be used, enabling you to use
for line breaks etc.
Development for this plugin can be found on GitHub: https://github.com/eldougo/wordpress_plugin_tuxquote
The supplied images were sourced from CrystalXP.net (http://www.crystalxp.net/) and are all distributed under the Creative Commons BY-NC-SA license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/)
Please see images-license.txt for image licensing information and image attributions.
See the Installation section for usage instructions.
You can download and install Tuxquote using the built in WordPress plugin installer. If you download Tuxquote manually, make sure it is uploaded to “/wp-content/plugins/Tuxquote/”.
Activate Tuxquote in the “Plugins” admin panel using the “Activate” link.
You can either enter the shortcode ‘[TUXQUOTE]’ in your page or post and/or drag the Tuxquote Widget to a widgitized area on your Widgets page.
[TUXQUOTE title=”title_text” width=”container_width” align=”container_alignment”]
- title: Add title text above the image. Eg: title=”Listen to the Penguin”
- width: Div container width in percentage or pixels. Eg: width=”80%” or width=”200px”
- align: How to align among the surrounding elements on the page. Can be “left”, “right”, “none”. Eg: align=”left”
Set the width to 200 pixels:
Set the width to 80% of the container element and add a title:
[TUXQUOTE width=”80%” title=”Thought of the day”]
Set the alignment to the left allowing surrounding text to flow down the right of the Tuxquote container:
Drag the Tuxquote Widget to a widgitized area on your Widgets page (Apperance -> Widgets).
Click the Tuxquote widget and enter the following options as required:
- title: Add title text above the Tuxquote image.
- width: Div container width in percentage or pixels. Eg: 80% or 200px.
- align: Can be “left”, “right”, “none”. Eg: align=”left”. Doesn’t have much of an affect in a wigetized area.
- The images are distributed under the Creative Commons BY-NC-SA license, what does this mean?
This means that you can’t use the supplied images for any commercial purposes.
- How do I get around this?
No problem, either remove all the images from the plugin images directory and replace them with your own, or get written permission from the image authors who are listed in the images-license.txt file. The Tuxquote plugin code is distributed under the GPL v2 license.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Tuxquote” is oopbron sagteware. Die volgende mense het bygedra tot die ontwikkeling van hierdie uitbreiding:Contributors
Translate “Tuxquote” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Added an alignment option to the shortcode and widget.
- The image will now expand to fill 100% of the Tuxquote div container.
- Refactored tuxquote.php to WordPress standards.
- Replaced some deprecated HTML styling tags.
- Widgetized the plugin.
- Added width and title options.
Corrected some small typos in the readme file.