SMTP Mailer plugin allows you to configure a mail server which handles all outgoing email from your website. It takes control of the wp_mail function and use SMTP instead.
SMTP Mailer Settings
- SMTP Host: Your outgoing mail server (e.g. smtp.gmail.com).
- SMTP Authentication: Whether to use SMTP authentication when sending an email (True/False). If you choose to authenticate you will also need to provide your username and password.
- SMTP Username: The username to connect to your SMTP server.
- SMTP Password: The password to connect to your SMTP server.
- Type of Encryption: The encryption to be used when sending an email (TLS/SSL/No Encryption. TLS is recommended).
- SMTP Port: The port to be used when sending an email (587/465/25). If you choose TLS the port should be set to 587. For SSL use port 465 instead.
- From Email Address: The email address to be used as the From Address when sending an email.
- From Name: The name to be used as the From Name when sending an email.
SMTP Mailer Test Email
Once you have configured the settings you can send a test email to check the functionality of the plugin.
- To: Email address of the recipient.
- Subject: Subject of the email.
- Message: Email body.
SMTP Mailer should work with any plugin that uses the WordPress Mail function. However, It has been tested with the following form and contact form plugins:
- Kontak Vorm 7
- Jetpack Contact Form
- Visual Form Builder
- Fast Secure Contact Form
- Formidable Forms
- Contact Form by BestWebSoft
For detailed setup instructions please visit the SMTP Mailer plugin page.
- Go to the Add New plugins screen in your WordPress Dashboard
- Click the upload tab
- Browse for the plugin file (smtp-mailer.zip) on your computer
- Click “Install Now” and then hit the activate button
Can I send email via SMTP from my website using this plugin?
Can I use this plugin with Gmail SMTP?
Can I use this plugin on any SMTP port?
Can I use this plugin with Sendinblue SMTP?
Can I use this plugin with Mailgun SMTP?
Can I use this plugin with SendGrid SMTP?
Can I use this plugin with Postmark SMTP?
Can I use this plugin with Office365 SMTP?
Can I use this plugin with ZohoMail SMTP?
Contributors & Developers
“SMTP Mailer” is oopbron sagteware. Die volgende mense het bygedra tot die ontwikkeling van hierdie uitbreiding:Contributors
- Updated the mail function for WordPress 6.0.
- Updated the mail function for WordPress 5.9.
- Fixed an issue that could cause an Undefined variable error if $attachments was not set.
- WordPress 5.7 compatibility update.
- The password field can be left empty when updating the settings.
- Updated the code to be compatible with WordPress 5.5.
- SMTP Mailer is compatible with WordPress 5.3.
- SMTP Mailer now checks for a valid nonce when sending a test email.
- SMTP Mailer no longer shows the saved password in the settings.
- SMTP Mailer is now compatible with WordPress 4.9.
- Updated the mail() function by setting its minimum requirements to WordPress 4.8.
- “phpmailer_init” action hook is now enabled so it can be used by other plugins.
- Fixed a bug where an apostrophe in the password would cause SMTP authentication failure.
- SMTP Mailer now supports the “wp_mail_failed” hook which fires after a phpmailerException is caught.
- Added a new option to bypass this error on some servers where the SSL certificate is not properly configured – Warning: stream_socket_enable_crypto(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed.
- First commit