This plugins gives you the option to add a featured image before or after your header with a simple selection and save of it.
Note: although this plugin requires the Genesis Framework by StudioPress or child themes, it is not an official plugin for this framework and is neither endorsed nor supported by StudioPress.
Files structures and concept are based in Display Featured Image for Genesis – by Robin Cornett
- different styles options
- and more!
- Upload the entire
genesis-featured-imagefolder to your
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Visit the Genesis – Featured Image to select the image you want to feature.
- Does this work with any Genesis child theme?
Technically, it should work, even older (XHTML) themes. However, depending on other factors such as the individual theme’s styling and layout, the output may be unexpected, and require some tweaking.
- How can I change the styles?
In this version style options are not added yet, but the image it’s in a div and you can style it:
- Inside Wrap
- Full Width
Contributors & Developers
“Genesis Featured Image” is oopbron sagteware. Die volgende mense het bygedra tot die ontwikkeling van hierdie uitbreiding:Contributors
Translate “Genesis Featured Image” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
1.2.0 – 25 Oct 2018
- Test with latest WordPress version available (4.9.8)
- Test with the latest version of Genesis Framework (2.6.1)
- Change css style for the image from full with to auto image size
- Update plugin developer info and contact info
1.1.0 – 30 Jun 2015
- Add Full Width Option
- Add Hook Priority Option
- Add Before/After Header selection Option
- Remove index.php
- Improve code standars
1.0.1 – 6 Jun 2015
- Minor tweaks to readme file
- Correct Changelog output
- Add thank you message to the admin footer
1.0.0 – 5 Jun 2015
- Initial release