Note: This is a forked version of the now unsupported Expire Passwords plugin. The notes below are copied over from the original plugin and will be updated as relevant updates become available. Please help by contributing to the GitHub repository Expire Passwords on GitHub
Did you find this plugin helpful? Please consider leaving a 5-star review.
Harden the security of your site by preventing unauthorized access to stale user accounts.
This plugin is also ideal for sites needing to meet certain industry security compliances – such as government, banking or healthcare.
In the plugin settings you can set the maximum number of days users are allowed to use the same password (90 days by default), as well as which user roles will be required to reset their passwords regularly (non-Administrators by default).
Development of this plugin is done on GitHub. Pull requests welcome. Please see issues reported there before going to the plugin forum.
Contributors & Developers
“Expire User Passwords” is oopbron sagteware. Die volgende mense het bygedra tot die ontwikkeling van hierdie uitbreiding:Contributors
“Expire User Passwords” has been translated into 5 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Expire User Passwords” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
1.3.1 – September 30, 2022
- Support for PHP 7.2 and older
1.3 – September 27, 2022
- Added ability for users to reset their expired password from the login screen
- Added Dutch translation
1.2 – May 4, 2022
- Added ‘eup_submenu_access’ filter for greater control to access of plugin settings
1.1.0 – February 15, 2020
- Fix: Updated namespace issues that caused critical errors when installing
- Tweak: Tested support for WordPress 5.3.2
1.0.0 – November 7, 2019
- New: Indicate support for WordPress 5.3
0.6.0 – January 5, 2017
- Fix: Expiration not updating when resetting a password via email confirmation link.
0.5.0 – December 23, 2016
- Tweak: Indicate support for WordPress 4.7 and require at least 4.0.
- Fix: Selected user roles in plugin settings not always being honored.
- Fix: Destroy all sessions after login with an expired password.
0.4.0 – April 13, 2016
- New: Indicate support for WordPress 4.5.
- Tweak: Bring back PHP 5.2 compatibility.
0.3.0 – July 9, 2015
- New: Language support for Czech
- Tweak: Optimizations requiring PHP 5.3 or higher
- Fix: User role array error before options exist
0.2.2 – July 2, 2015
- New: Language support for Español
0.2.1 – July 2, 2015
- Fix: Fatal undefined function error occuring in some cases (#3)
0.2.0 – April 29, 2015
- New: Disallow using the same password as before on reset (#1)
- Tweak: Use default if limit is set to greater than 365 days
0.1.0 – April 28, 2015
- Initial release