CTA Button Styler is a plugin for WordPress that allows easy styling of existing buttons in WordPress. Buttons labelled with the cta101 class can be easily turned into effective Call To Action buttons which will encourage visitors to stay on the site and click through to the desired page.
Reducing your bounce-rate (i.e. getting visitors to look at more than one page on your site) is important for your site ranking. Using effective call to action buttons encourages visitors to click through and visit other pages thereby reducing your overall bounce rate and potentially increasing your ranking.
CTA button styler is designed with flexibility and ease of use in mind. It is easy to install. Does not consume any unnecessary resources and simply does what it needs to do to keep visitors on the site.
You get to decide the button styles and the hover-styles for your button and can change the buttons at any time according to your needs or to test whether a different style leads to more click-through’s.
This is the first version of the plugin to be released. We are working on more advanced options like AB testing and image buttons. These advanced features will be rolled out in a future version of the software.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Click on ‘CTA Button Styler’ in the Appearance menu to configure the button
- Add the class cta101 anywhere on your site to convert the link to a button
Yes, this first release of CTA Button Styler is a very straightforward plugin and can be used to create Call to Action buttons on menus and on links.
Yes, the plugin allows you to change colours, button size, hover styles etc. There are a range of styling options to change using the Call To Action Styling option on the WordPress ‘Appearance’ admin dashboard.
Click on Call To Action Styling option on the WordPress ‘Appearance’ admin dashboard.
Simply add the cta101 as class name to the link e.g. class=”cta101″
- Log in to the Dashboard and select Appearance->Menus
- First ensure that the show menu class option is checked by clicking ‘Screen Options at the top of the screen
- Check the CSS classes button option
- Switch menu CSS class on (check the box)
- Set the syle class on the menu item to ‘cta101’
- Menu now will be styled accordingly
Yes, but too many calls to action on any page will defeat the objective. Ideally try to have no more than 2 calls to action visible on any page view.
Can I define more than one style?
Only one user defined style is provided in this plugin. However, the code was developed to allow for multiple styles and even for A/B testing of calls to action. If there is demand for this additional functionality, it will be provided in a later version.
The CTA button sometimes has to compete with the styling in the theme and the button then may not appear as it should. Fortunately there is an easy solution to this. Just enclose your menu Navigation Label in the tags <button class=”cta101″>Navigation Label</button>. Do not include the style tag in the menu CSS field. Everything now should work.
In-line elements (like span and a) ignore vertical (top and bottom) margins and only apply horizontal margins. This is in accordance with the CSS specification. Wherever possible, apply the CTA button class only to block level elements (like button and div) and this issue will not occur.
Contributors & Developers
“CTA Button Styles” is oopbron sagteware. Die volgende mense het bygedra tot die ontwikkeling van hierdie uitbreiding:Contributors
- Code improvements for improved loading
- Verify, escape, sanitize improvements
- Speed improvement – CSS load post TTFB
- WP compatibility check
- Confirm WordPress 5.7 compatibility
- WordPress 5.6 compatibility checks
- Minor code improvements
- WordPress 5.5 compatibility checks
- Checks and minor updates for WordPress 5.4.1
- Checks and minor updates for WordPress 5.1
- Checks and minor updates for WordPress 5
- Update to UI of input form
0.6.2 to 0.7.2
- Tested with latest WordPress version up to WordPress 4.9
- Added settings to the plugin menu
- More help added
- Bug Fix: Demo style button fixed
- Error in admin-post.php call changed to admin-ajax.php
- Small fix
- Added more resolution on padding
- Initial Release