This plugin allows site builders to comply with the spanish cookie law, that regulates the use of tracking cookies in websites according to the EU directive.
Note that this is important as one of the first countries to introduce this regulation after the EU directive was emitted was UK. But the UK law has some differences with the spanish regarding “informed consent” of the visitor, thus cookies needs to be treated a bit differently.
Despite of that, the plugin provide the functionality needed to comply with UK (and other) cookie law, as well.
The development and manteniance of this plugin is sponsored by Cartograf
- Jose Alcántara
- Dima Kam
- Sergio Folgar
The development of this plugin has been funded by Cartograf, a consultancy company specialized in free software based in Madrid.
You may install this plugin following the next steps:
- Download the ZIP file.
- Unzip the file and upload the newly created folder with its contents to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to the settings page for this plugin and configure all that you need: message to be shown, scripts to be inserted on cookie acceptance (typically, your Google Analytics code, or similar, goes here) in header OR footer, cookie acceptance criteria (timeout, scrollout) and a list of pages or posts containing extra information about cookies and thus to be treated as an exception.
- Is this plugin suited for building sites according to the spanish cookie law?
Yes, it is.
- How can I customize the cookie bar?
The plugin provides both html ID and classes to help themers. We plan to allow easy color config in next versions.
- How does this message behaves along with cache plugins?
If you are using a cache plugin, you are encouraged to flush/rebuild your cache whenever you change your welcome message.
Contributors & Developers
“Cartograf Cookie filter” is oopbron sagteware. Die volgende mense het bygedra tot die ontwikkeling van hierdie uitbreiding:Contributors
Interested in development?
- Cookie checking is now implemented client-side, to make the plugin compatible with cache plugins. Thanks to Sergio Folgar (/sfolgar) for this contribution.
- Added info about compatibility with cache plugins
- Updated tip texts on settings page.
- Improved tip texts on settings page.
- We now explicitly support UK cookie law (the functionality was always there, just that we didn’t mention).
- First stable release.
- Included settings page.
- Included slug exceptions.
- Both timeout and scrollout acceptance of the cookies are now considered.
- Now saving options as WP options.
- Initial commit.