Developed by Mad Fish Digital, this plugin saves webmasters time when finding and removing thin pages in your website from the search engine indexes.
This plugin has an interface that allows you to sort posts by word count, character count then bulk noindex or bulk nofollow the posts or page so that they will stop appearing in search engine indexes.
Currently this plugin only analyzes Pages and Posts. Custom post types are not yet supported.
Please Keep in Mind
After a page is noindexed, in some cases, it can take search engines up to a few weeks before the page stops appearing in the search index. The amount time will depend on how frequently a search engine crawls your website and pages. We recommend using Google Search Console to further analyze and understand how your pages will potentially appear in the search index.
1) Reduce the time it takes to Noindex/Nofollow each page or post manually through the easy to use interface
2) Sort posts and pages by word count and character count to quickly identify thin content pages
3) Speed up website search engine penalty recovery time by identifying and bulk noindexing large numbers of posts and pages
4) Quickly noindex content identified by web crawlers such as DeepCrawl
5) Easily control the robots meta tag directives on large numbers of pages
6) Visualize of all posts’ and pages’ “noindex” and “nofollow” statuses
7) Syncs with the Yoast and the All in One SEO Pack (AIOSEO) plugins to maintain and manage your existing noindex and nofollowed posts and pages
For support related inquiries, visit the Mad Fish Digital plugin support page to drop us a line or ask a question. Please note that responses to specific inquiries may take up to 24 hours.
Why would you want to remove a bulk amount of pages from search indexes?
At Mad Fish Digital, we use tools like DeepCrawl, LinkResearch Tools, Ahrefs, and SEM Rush to crawl and analyze web pages. Sometimes, you want to remove multiple web pages from a search engine’s index that contain no longer current content, old products and services, or outdated guidelines/regulations. In many of these cases, you need the pages to be temporarily dropped from google’s index today, but may want to update the content at a later date. By noindexing a post or page, you can avoid having to set the status code of those pages to 404 (or 410).
This is where having a tool to bulk noindex/nofollow these pages can become handy. You can easily remove pages from the search index, then remove the noindex directive once the content of those post or pages has been updated.
This plugin will sync with your existing Yoast and All In One SEO Pack (AIOSEO) settings, and allows you to do bulk noindexing with Yoast.
By staying in sync with the noindex/nofollow settings from Yoast and AIOSEO, if you noindex/nofollow a post or page directly, this plugin recognizes the change, and stays in sync.
If you are not using Yoast or AIOSEO, this plugin is able to continue to serve the appropriate meta robots tag based on the noindex/nofollow as per the settings through the interface.
If you do disable the Yoast or AIOSEO plugin on your site, be sure to double check the “Bulk NoIndex/NoFollow” interface (from the tools menu) to confirm that your posts and pages are still nofollowed and noindexed accordingly. Robots directives that are set directly through the WP Post editing interface may not always be tracked by this plugin, and those settings may no longer be visible to this plugin if the Yoast and AIOSEO plugins were previously enabled but are later disabled.
Installation & Usage
1) Login as an administrator to your WordPress Admin account. Using the “Add New” menu option under the “Plugins” section of the navigation, you can either search for: “Bulk NoIndex & NoFollow Tool” or if you’ve downloaded the plugin already, click the “Upload” link, find the .zip file you download and then click “Install Now”. Or you can unzip and FTP upload the plugin to your plugins directory.
2) Navigate to the Tools -> Bulk NoIndex/NoFollow
3) Begin noindex/nofollowing pages
Will this plugin play nice if I already use Yoast for noindexing and nofollowing pages?
Yes, this plugin will sync with Yoast’s native noidexing functions
Contributors & Developers
“Bulk NoIndex & NoFollow Toolkit” is oopbron sagteware. Die volgende mense het bygedra tot die ontwikkeling van hierdie uitbreiding:Contributors
Interested in development?
Release Date: July 28th, 2022
- Small patch that addresses a minor warning in PHP 7.4
Release Date: July 27th, 2022
- Updated the queries for the interface to use less resources
Release Date: July 26th, 2022
- This release adds support for the All in One SEO Pack plugin
Release Date: January 26th, 2021
- This release fixes some small PHP warnings that were happening in some instances of php 7.4.
Release Date: January 11th, 2021
- This release improves the error catching if the wordpress is_plugin_active() function had not loaded prior to this plugin loading. In some instances, a PHP error was thrown due to is_plugin_active function not being available.