Arbitrary Sidebars allows you to add widget areas via an page in the WordPress admin area. What you do with those sidebars on the front end is up to you and your theme.
This plugin requires PHP 5.3+. Please check your server configuration before installing.
Some use case ideas:
- The end user wants to associate sidebars with individual posts and pages. This plugin ould provide half that functionality: easily creating widget areas.
- You need reusable content blocks and want to take advantage of the widget system.
Install via the WP Admin installer. OR…
- Click the big button and grab the plugin zip file.
- Unzip it
- Upload the
arbitrary-sidebarsfolder to your
- Activate the plugin via the admin area.
- How can I change the args paged to register_sidebar?
First off, the sidebar name and ID are defined in the admin screen.
There are a few filters you can hook into and use to modify other args.
arbitrary_sidebars_argsto modify the the sidebar arguments for the entire plugin.
arbitrary_sidebars_single_argsto modify the arguments for a single sidebar based on its ID.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Arbitrary Sidebars” is oopbron sagteware. Die volgende mense het bygedra tot die ontwikkeling van hierdie uitbreiding:Contributors
Interested in development?
- First release
- Allows user to add widget areas via an admin screen