Enhance mobile experience of your website by defining a color for status bar and address bar when your website is loaded in Google Chrome web browser on an Android device.
As of now, there are 3 different options available,
- Define custom color for each post.
- Define custom color for homepage (or the front page).
- Sitewide option to use one custom color throughout the website.
Since this is the initial release, I have kept things simple. However, if there are substantial requests for page, category, etc. specific color customization then I would take it forward and implement in upcoming releases!
Note – If you are using some caching mechanism, please clear it if you cannot see color codes being updated. Additionally make sure that you are entering valid hex values.
- Install and activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress (a widget will automatically be placed in post editor page).
- Custom color for homepage can be defined by to going to Settings -> Address Bar Colorizer.
- Custom color for each post can be defined by to post editor and choosing a color.
Does the plugin put extra load on my server?
Simple answer is no. More technical answer is, since the plugin does indeed execute some code and has some if/else to go through, there’s mathematically some time taken. However, the time take is almost negligible. You can use any profiler plugin (P3 Profiler, for example) and how this plugin is performing. In tests performed on my personal websites, the plugin took approximately 0.0018 seconds.
Color codes aren’t being updated!?!
This could be primarily be caused by old cache or invalid hex values. For starters, try clearing the cache (from whichever plugin you are using). The mobile browser cache might also have a role to play in it, so try clearing the Google Chrome mobile browser cache also. Additionally, those using Cloudflare, might need to ‘Purge’ files to get it working. Lastly, ensure that you are indeed entering valid hex color codes.
I cannot see it on desktop, windows phone, iOS, etc.!
That’s how it works. The plugin ONLY applies colorization to Google Chrome mobile web browser running on Android devices. Well, it is tested to work on android devices particularly.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Address Bar Colorizer” is oopbron sagteware. Die volgende mense het bygedra tot die ontwikkeling van hierdie uitbreiding:Contributors
Interested in development?
- Initial release.
- New: Lowered minimum WordPress requirement to version 3.5.
- Fixed: Removed plugin details from header.
- Plugin is now compatible with WordPress 4.7.
- Fixed: Plugin script loading on required pages of Dashboard only.
- Plugin is now compatible with WordPress 6.0.1.